Junior Medical Membership
At the 2013 IAC Executive Meeting it was decided that the first fifty applicants to apply for this new IAC category of Junior Medical Member should be allowed to submit the application form without payment of the application fee of USD 100. The annual dues of USD 100 will have to be paid.
- Junior Medical Membership is open to physicians in specialty training in anatomic pathology or other fields encompassing at least two years of training in cytopathology
- Junior Medical Membership can be held for a maximum of 5 years
- For a limited number of applicants the admission fee will be waived. Only the annual dues payments will have to be made at this moment. The annual fee payment is USD 100
- Junior Medical Members are intitled to:
- Subscription of the journal ACTA CYTOLOGICA, on-line and print six times a year.
- Reduced registration rates at events organized by the IAC
- Listing as junior member on the IAC website
- Elevation to MIAC (medical membership) upon completion of specialty training if mandatory requirements are met.
Please include with your application form:
- Curriculum vitae/resumé with information about medical degree and specialist training
- One passport sized photograph (90 x 120 pixels).
- Signature of Director of specialist training program.
- Sponsorship signature of one Fellow or Member of the Academy . For members in your country please see "Active Members". If you have a problem finding a sponsor, please contact the central office for assistance. Your sponsor may send a brief e-mail to this office informing us if unable to sign form personally.
- Your signature on application statement (page 1)
If you have a question please contact this office.
Completed application forms can be sent as PDF e-mail attachment to:
or by airmail to:
The International Academy of Cytology
Office of the Secretary-Treasurer
Fernando Schmitt, MD, PhD, FIAC