Medical Membership (MIAC)
The International Academy of Cytology now has more than 1400 medical members in 85 countries. The membership is dedicated to the advancement of cytologic techniques in diagnosis and research.
There is an admission fee of Euro 140. The annual dues are currently Euro 180 and include a printed and on-line subscription to the journal ACTA CYTOLOGICA that is issued six times a year. (Link to payment page)
- are a medical degree and a completed education in a medical specialty (e.g. pathology, gynecology, internal medicine etc.) in the country of residence
- and at least one-year full time training or experience in cytopathology
- or completed training in a specialized medical field other than anatomic pathology and at least two years experience in all aspects of cytopathology.
Please include with your application form:
- Copies of speciality diplomas
- Curriculum vitae with information about medical degree and specialist training and publication list of last 4 years.
- One passport sized photograph (90 x 120 pixels).
- Sponsorship signatures of two Fellows or Members of the Academy . For members in your country please see "Active Members". If you have problems finding sponsors, please contact the central office for assistance. Your sponsor may send a brief e-mail to this office informing us if unable to sign form personally.
- Your signature on page 2
Completed application form can be sent as PDF e-mail attachment to:
or by airmail to:
The International Academy of Cytology
Office of the Secretary-Treasurer
Fernando Schmitt, MD, PhD, FIAC
Wilhelmstr. 24a, Hinterhaus