Cytotechnologist Fellowship (CFIAC)
Cytotechnologist Members (CMIAC) may be elevated to Cytotechnologist Fellowship (CFIAC) after at least three years of Cytotechnologist Membership if they fulfill at least three (3) of the following five (5) qualifications for Cytotechnologist Fellowship.
- Candidate must have been engaged in the practice of cytotechnology on a full-time basis for at least ten (10) years prior to elevation to Cytotechnologist Fellowship;
- Candidate must have been engaged in the teaching of cytotechnology for at least seven (7) years;
- Candidate must be author or coauthor of at least three (3) publications on cytology. Papers accepted for publication may be considered published;
- Candidate must be associated with a medical school, a teaching hospital or a comparable research institution at the time of nomination and admission to Cytotechnologist Fellowship;
- Candidate must be either Chief Cytotechnologist or Educational Supervisor or have performed meritorious service on committees or subcommittees of the Academy
Benefits of Cytotechnologist Fellowship
CFIACs automatically receive a renewal sticker for each 4-year period from the Office of the Registrar.
CFIACs have the right to vote in business meetings of the IAC
There is an application fee of Euro 45 and the annual dues are Euro 130. Link for on-line payment
or mailed to:
The International Academy of Cytology
Office of the Secretary-Treasurer
Fernando Schmitt, MD, PhD, FIAC
Wilhelmstr. 24a, Hinterhaus