Supported Medical Membership
Supported Medical Membership has been created for three years, until the end of 2019, to encourage membership of doctors who find the financial obligations of membership impossible to cover.
After three years the Executive Council will review the program to assess the effectiveness and decide future action.
To create a definition for supported membership the IAC will use a report created for the United Nations. Applicants from Low Income Countries as defined by the "World Economic Stituation and Prospects 2018" can apply. (Tables F and G page 145 ).
- The applicant must work and live in one of the low-income countries as defined by the report.
- The number of such applicants per year will be limited and given on a „first come first served" basis.
- The professional criteria for medical membership will remain. All applications will be individually reviewed.
- The applicant will have no or very little financial burden and will attain a regular membership status on an annual basis until 2019 if requested annually.
Mandatory requirements are a medical degree and a completed education in a medical specialty (e.g. pathology, gynecology, internal medicine etc.) that has been accepted in your country of residence in addition to special expertise in cytology.
Please include with your application form:
- Copies of medical degree and speciality diplomas
- Curriculum vitae with information about medical degree as well as specialist training and current employment information.
- One passport sized photograph (90 x 120 pixels).
- Sponsorship signatures of two Fellows or Members of the Academy. For a list of members please see "Active Members". Your sponsor may send a brief e-mail to this office informing us if unable to sign form personally. If you have problems finding sponsors, please indicate on the form.
- Your signature on page two.
Please send the completed form and scans of accompanying documents to the office of the Secretary-Treasurer as e-mail attachment.