Renewal for CT(IAC) or CT(IAC-GYN) title
Once a cytotechnologist has earned the CT(IAC) or CT(IAC-GYN) certificate, she/he has the responsibility to maintain her/his status by continuing education in cytology.
Required are 180 credit points of continuing education for each 4-year period after the examination.
Documentation of continuing education is mandatory to retain the CT(IAC) or CT(IAC-GYN) title.
Continuing Education Categories:
Category 1: Employment in cytology
Maximum number of credits 100
Category 2: Educational activities in the field of cytology
Maximum number of credits 180
Category 3: Cytotechnology teaching
Maximum number of credits 60
Category 4: Papers and publications
Maximum number of credits 80
Category 5: Research in cytology
Maximum number of credits 40
As of July 2010 the following renewal procedures will be required for those wishing to maintain their CT(IAC), CT(IAC-Gyn) or CMIAC status.
- You must renew your status for each renewal period
- If you are due for renewal the Office of the Registrar will send a postcard reminder 8 - 10 weeks in advance at the end of the year.
- The renewal form can be downloaded from this page.
- The deadline for receipt of the completed form is indicated on the reminder notice or taken from the chart below.
|Current sticker on certificate||Next sticker due in 4-year cycle||Date for renewal|
|2009 - 2012||2013 - 2016||December 31, 2012|
|2010 - 2013||2014 - 2017||December 31, 2013|
|2011 - 2014||2015 - 2018||December 31, 2014|
|2012 - 2015||2016 - 2019||December 31, 2015|
|2013 - 2016||2017 - 2020||December 31, 2016|
- CT(IAC) and CT(IAC-GYN) US$ 15 or Euro 12
- IAC Members (CMIAC) - NO FEE
Change of name or address